- You now have the opportunity to live and work outside the centre six months after your arrival in Denmark. However, you need to meet some conditions.
- Only regular jobs with approved working conditions are accepted. It is not possible to start your own company.
- There are three different options if you wish to live outside the centre:
- You can find housing outside the centre which you pay for yourself.
- You can live near the asylum centre in individual housing units that the authorities will find
- And thirdly, if you receive public benefits, you can now live outside the centre – for instance with family members or friends – without losing that money.
- You cannot live or work outside the asylum centre if you commit crimes that lead to a sentence of prison or expulsion.
- If your application fails, you need to co-operate with your repatriation to be eligible for the new rights.
- However, families with children can move out of centres after living in Denmark for 12 months, even if the parents refuse to co-operate with their repatriation.
- The agreement does not change the criteria of gaining asylum.
- The average process time of handling the asylum cases will be halved by the end of 2013.
Home / Better conditions for asylum seekers
The Muslim asylum seekers celebrate Ramadan in the asylum center away from their families. New …